PLEASE NOTE OUR CARRIERS NATIONWIDE ARE FACING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASE AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AT THIS TIME.
- My candle came broken! How do I replace it?
From time to time this will happen unfortunately, no matter how great we think we secure our packages, but rest assure we'll fix that! simply email us with a picture of your damaged candle at email@example.com and we'll get a replacement out to you.
- I got the wrong candle! how do I fix this?
No worries, simply email us with a picture of the candle you received at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get this corrected for you.
- My candle is tunneling, how do I fix this?
Simply email us at email@example.com with a picture of the candle showing its tunneling and we will we'll get this corrected for you.
I started burning my candle but do not like the scent, can I return it for something else?
Unfortunately not. Once we burn the candle we cannot accept a return.
I just placed an order that is a birthday gift. Is it possible to include a note or card with the order please?
You may add a note to your packaging slip/receipt (no charge) or get your note printed in a postcard as shown here. If you've already placed the order, just let us know which option you'd like to add. Custom post cards are $5.
ABOUT OUR SHIPPING
we now offer shipping insurance on all orders through Route. This covers any lost, damaged or missing packages unless you opt-out at checkout.
- How soon do you ship?
Our current processing time is 5-7 business days ( this is the time it takes for us to pull your order from the system by date, pick it from our shelves, package it nicely & make it ready for the mail man).
SHIPPING TIME is currently 1-3 days ( this is the time it takes from the time the mailman pickup your package to the time it gets to your address), but please keep in mind USPS is still experiencing bottlenecks in certain parts of the county due to covid-19.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS please expect longer shipping times of up to 7 days.
- This package has been in pre transit for a while and not arrived to me yet. I'm wondering if this got lost in USPS?
We share your frustration as USPS is experiencing universal delays at this time. If you received a tracking # from us this means your order has been shipped. We are seeing some packages not updated until delivery. We appreciate your patience with this situation that is beyond our control.
- I know sometimes labels will be printed early and not shipped for a few days, which is completely understandable! If they were shipped, though, the tracking number hasn’t updated in a week so I will probably contact USPS to see if they’re stuck in transit. What do I do?
Orders are shipped on the day you receive your shipping tracking #.
We avoid printing our labels ahead of time to avoid any confusion.
- My address was incorrect, can you reship my order?
If your order was returned to us due to incorrect address, insufficient address, or marked undeliverable by the the usps, fedex, or ups address we will invoice you for your order to be re shipped to the correct address. Therefore we urge you to please double-check that your shipping information is correct at checkout. If you have submitted your order and realized your shipping information is incorrect, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order #. If we are able to make updates on your behalf, please note that these changes will not be reflected in your shipping confirmation email.
ABOUT OUR SOY CANDLES
- What's the difference between soy and paraffin wax?
- Discovered in 1850
- A natural product derived from the components of decayed animal and plant material
- Made by removing the waxy substance from crude oil
- Most popular kind of wax used in candle making
- Easy to use
- Has a clearly defined large crystal structure and a melting point usually between 120-160°F
- Tends to be hard and brittle
- Discovered in 1991 as an alternative to paraffin wax
- Natural, renewable, non-toxic and biodegradable
- Hydrogenated form of soybean oil
- Available in flake form and has an off-white appearance
- Has a lower melting point than paraffin
- Commercial soy wax blends tend to be softer than paraffin and will melt in warm weather
- Burns longer and at a cooler temperature than paraffin wax
- Why is my soy candle bumpy after burning sometimes?
This happens when the rate of cooling is inconsistent and unfortunately, it's difficult to control once the candle has been lit and then extinguished. Sometimes it will dry with the rough, uneven surface and sometimes it will dry smooth as glass. The good news is that this is a by-product of all-natural wax, and it does not affect the performance of the candle.
- Is my candle drying out with the white frost on top?
No it is not. If you've ever seen a white-ish color coating on chocolate, then you have a good idea of what frosting looks like in soy wax. It is a natural byproduct of natural wax and in no way affects the burn ability or fragrance of a candle. It is caused by tiny crystal growth that forms on the top and sides of the wax.
Source : https://www.candlescience.com/
- I love scented candles. Why can't you add a lot more fragrance?
There is a maximum amount of fragrance that can be added to a candle before it no longer burns cleanly or properly.
- Are scented candles triggers for asthma or allergies?
Although millions of Americans regularly use scented candles without any negative effects, it is always possible that a particular fragrance might trigger a negative reaction in sensitive individuals. Individuals with known sensitivities to specific fragrances may want to avoid candles of those scents. In addition, consumers should remember to burn all candles, whether scented or unscented, in a well-ventilated area.
- Is candle soot harmful?
No. The minuscule amount of soot produced by a candle is the natural byproduct of incomplete combustion. Candle soot is composed primarily of elemental carbon particles, and is similar to the soot given off by kitchen toasters and cooking oils. These everyday household sources of soot are not considered a health concern, and are chemically different from the soot formed by the burning of diesel fuel, coal, gasoline, etc.
The production of candle soot can also be minimized in the following ways: Trim the wick to ¼ inch before every use to promote proper flame height, place the candle away from drafty areas to avoid flame flickering, and ensure that the wax pool is free of debris.
- What sort of chemical reaction occurs when a candle burns?
When you light a candle, the heat of the flame melts the wax near the wick. This melted or liquid wax is then drawn up into the wick by capillary action. The flame’s heat vaporizes the liquid wax to produce water vapor and carbon dioxide (the same byproducts that humans produce when exhaling).
ABOUT OUR SCENTS
- Are any of your candles scented with only pure essential oils and no chemical fragrances?
Our candles are scented with a blend of essential oils and premium grade fragrances. Our fragrance oils go through a rigorous testing process to ensure they are safe and environmentally friendly. It also helps that our oils are phthalate-free and adheres to industry standards for safety and purity. We blend our oils for 2 main reasons, 1. there is not an essential oil for every scent you love and enjoy, for example, baby powder, pumpkin spice, so it is imperative you look out for companies claiming to be all essential oil-based when in fact they are not for this same reason. and 2. essential oil candles are not as fragrant and you most likely will not smell it throughout your entire home.
Our oil blends are 100% vegan, 100% eco-friendly, and 100% recyclable. The oils are never diluted, so each has a strong concentrated aroma that doesn't disappear when burned in a candle.